Music for All
We offer lessons and classes for children and adults. We are dedicated to providing a comprehensive music education for all students by studying sacred and secular music.
Our teachers are dedicated to helping each student discover their unique potential in music.
To the Glory of God
Our mission is to help each student cultivate their individual God-given potential in music so that these skills may be used throughout life to the glory of God.
Message from the Director
I have been involved in music since I was 10 years old. Even at a young age, I was very passionate about studying and practicing music. When I was 22 and finishing my undergraduate studies in music, I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. After that my desire to study and practice music grew even stronger. I realized my music was an offering to God and for His glory. Psalm 33;3 says, "Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy." It is my desire that all our students are able to play skillfully and with joy.
To help accomplish this vision:
- We employ an excellent staff
- We create an encouraging and loving environment
- We offer recitals and performance opportunities on and off campus
- We encourage students to share their talents
Thank you for your interest in Elm Lane Music School. Please contact me via email or phone if you have any questions.
Elm Lane Music School offers weekly private lessons in the following instruments:
- Traditional Piano
- Suzuki Piano
- Traditional Violin
- Suzuki Violin
Tuition & Enrollment
Annual Registration Fee
- Single: $30 full year
- Family: $60 full year (up to 4 family members)
Registration Fee is required at time of enrolling and is non-refundable.
To enroll, please call 704.542.7273 ext.203.
Monthly tuition will vary depending on the length of the lesson and number of lessons in the month. Here are the current weekly lesson rates:
- Private lesson for a half hour once a week is $28
- Forty-five minute lesson once a week is $42
- Sixty minute lesson once a week is $56
Lessons are paid for in advance by the month and are due before the first lesson of every month. Please see below for our attendance and cancellation policies.
Hours & Schedule
- Monday: 2:00-8:30PM
- Tuesday: 2:00-8:30PM
- Thursday: 2:00-8:30PM
2017-18 Concert Schedule:
- Saturday, Dec. 9th Student Christmas Concert
- Saturday, March 17th Formal Student Recital
- June 9th Summer Concert
- Other events TBA for this upcoming year!
We are pleased that you have selected our school to further your music education. Please read this policy carefully.
The Annual registration fee is due before lessons begin and is non-refundable. Please make checks payable to Living Hope at Ballantyne. Upon arriving for your first lesson, please bring a check or cash for both registration as well as your first month’s tuition. Checks for monthly tuition need to be made out to the teacher.
- Tuition: Tuition is due at the first lesson of each month and for every lesson in the month regardless if the student attends or not (please see above for rates). There will be no refunds for lessons the student misses and teachers are not required to make up lessons. If your teacher misses a lesson, it will be made up or a credit will be issued.
- Practice: The Student is expected to practice all assigned material and develop a weekly practice schedule.
- Lesson Termination: As a courtesy to the teacher, we ask that you give a paid two week notice. Teachers cannot provide a refund if lessons are terminated midway through the month.
- Inclement Weather: We will post any school closings on our website. Students will not be charged a lesson fee when the school closes because of inclement weather.
- Safety: For the safety of your children, all children (under 12) should be accompanied to and picked up from their lesson.
Carol Clem Scholarship
The Faculty at Elm Lane Music School will bring beautiful music to your wedding ceremony or reception and other events.
All our players are professional musicians with years of experience.
We can put together musical combinations that are distinctively beautiful to listen to.
It is our desire to make the music at you wedding fit the ceremony.
Whether your event is a traditional full ceremony or a simple personal expression or somewhere in between – Dolce Strings and Company will guide you in creating that special atmosphere.